Senior Associate Product Manager
Wayfair is seeking an entrepreneurial product professional to assist driving the development of our new, in-house Competitive Intelligence System that will guide mission critical decisions across all major business functions. The mission of our Competitive Intelligence team is to define, gather, analyze and distribute intelligence about products and competitors to: 1) enable market-based assessments of Wayfair’s performance, 2) guide targeted, data-driven interventions, and 3) track progress filling competitive gaps. This is a unique time and opportunity to build a completely new system from the ground-up, unhampered by legacy technology, with the resourcing and executive support to establish truly cutting edge, big data capabilities.
We are looking for a product manager with a passion for driving change in complex organizations, who deploys a pragmatic, quantitative, analytical approach, is highly attuned to technology-driven solutions and process management, is unafraid of ambiguity, and is comfortable with working on complex problems alongside very high caliber peers in a roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
Working with a high performing cross-functional team, you will help drive the development of a component of the internal systems that acquires massive competitive data at scale, enables a large range of comparative analytics, and identifies the highest impact areas for improvement. The scope of impact is broad and ambitious; we want you to take pride and ownership in what you’re building - a truly cutting edge Competitive Intelligence System unmatched in the industry.
- Contribute to an integrated and continually updated vision for Wayfair's Competitive Intelligence System
- Working from a well-defined roadmap, assist in building, refining, and executing the product backlog
- Conduct ad hoc data mining and analysis to better understand performance of existing product features and opportunities for new product offerings
- Assist with developing an ongoing stream of product innovations that improve KPIs related to the scale, scope, frequency, and reliability of competitive information to drive major business decisions
- Work with Data Science, Matching, and Analytics & Insights teams to align on downstream data flows to ensure competitive data is processed and utilized efficiently and effectively
- Develop, contribute, and maintain documentation related to the product development lifecycle
- Serve as internal subject matter expert for specific components of the Competitive Intelligence technology platform
- 2-3+ years' experience in product management, business analysis & technology implementation
- Passionate about the role of big data in driving real change and transforming organizations
- Development and delivery of solutions in highly technical and quantitative domains
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in working with large datasets and leveraging data to drive actionable insights
- Strong technical skills to spearhead data analysis supporting the overall product and business strategy. The candidate will be excited to work with business intelligence tools, a variety of analytics techniques and analyzing complex data to arrive at insightful conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Open to expanding technical skill set (such as Python, Distributed Systems, Hive, SQL). Experience with these or similar skills are a plus
What we offer:
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing team, with strong senior executive sponsorship
- Become a key contributor at a unique time, developing Wayfair’s Competitive Intelligence System from the ground up
- The ability to gain a detailed understanding across many areas of the business, and drive impact across every key strategic lever at Wayfair
- An environment where not only is your voice heard, but your opinion and leadership is critical in shaping our strategic direction
- A collaborative, forward-thinking, and entrepreneurial team that continuously pushes the envelope
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ANLT-PP