Senior Desktop Engineer
This position is located in our Global Headquarters at Copley Place in downtown Boston, with minimal travel. You’ll be working within the Wayfair IT department, which rolls up under Infrastructure Engineering.
The Desktop Engineering team has a mission to consistently provide a high level of service to Wayfair IT and all Wayfair employees. In this role you will partner with a number of engineering teams to help build the foundation for our end-user computer environment.
This position is a great for you if you:
- Effectively design and implement high visibility projects with an emphasis on communication and testing
- Want to work on a team of a team of diverse engineers with a diverse background and skill set
- Have shown an ability to automate processes to make yourself and the people around you more efficient (i.e powershell, sql, php, etc..)
- Are responsible for all aspects of SCCM infrastructure including package and deploy software at a large scale while leveraging SCCM for reports.
- A strong communicator who can work cross functionally between business and engineering teams
- Can quickly adapt to changing business and organizational objectives through many different collaboration channels
- Have a lot of experience supporting end users in a diverse work environment where each role requires a different skillset
- Administer Exchange/O365 or GSuite in a previous role
- A BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of all desktop application (Mac OS administration, Windows OS administration, SCCM, Microsoft o365, etc…)
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- A desire to put our customer first and ensure our end users have the tools they need to succeed in their roles.
- A passion for ensuring all solutions are thoroughly tested and that you are providing a high level of service.
- A desire to mentor and work closely with junior engineers
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.