Senior Desktop Engineer
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge technology company operating in the ecommerce space. We’re committed to providing our customers with a best-in-class experience for all things home. We are growing at a lightning-fast pace and are looking for a leader in the desktop engineering space. .
This position is located in our Global Headquarters at Copley Place in downtown Boston, with minimal travel. You’ll be working within the Wayfair IT department, which rolls up under Infrastructure Engineering.
The Desktop Engineering team has a mission to consistently provide a high level of service to Wayfair IT and all Wayfair employees. In this role you will partner with a number of engineering teams to help build the foundation for our end-user computer environment.
This position is a great for you if you:
- Effectively design and implement high visibility projects with an emphasis on communication and testing
- Want to work on a team of a team of diverse engineers with a diverse background and skill set
- A strong communicator who can work cross functionally between business and engineering teams
- Can quickly adapt to changing business and organizational objectives
- Have a lot of experience supporting end users in a diverse work environment where each role requires a different skillset
- A BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience
- Strong understanding of all desktop application (Mac OS administration, Windows OS administration, SCCM, Microsoft o365, etc…)
- Shown an ability to automate processes to make yourself and the people around you more efficient (i.e powershell, sql, php, etc..)
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- A desire to put our customer first and ensure our end users have the tools they need to succeed in their roles.
- A passion for ensuring all solutions are thoroughly tested and that you are providing a high level of service.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. Wayfair was recently named “Mass TLC’s Company of the Year” and “Internet retailer of the year”. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.