Software Engineering Manager (m/f)
Wayfair is seeking a Software Engineering Manager for our Supplier Extranet team to help create and deliver cutting edge business integration applications used by tens of thousands of suppliers in the global supply chain. As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with product managers and business stakeholders, be involved in product design, and constantly think about how to use technology to improve business processes. You'll have a huge impact on Wayfair’s growing business in Europe and the US.
Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth.
- Serve as owner of applications and contribute to reducing incidents and error rates;
- Produce robust and scalable software and web service based architecture that performs well under high load;
- Perform MS SQL database design, advanced query development, and data optimization using SQL Server Management Studio;
- Interface with product managers and technical teams to gather and analyze requirements and translate these requirements into software architecture and roadmaps;
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior team members and help the team remove roadblocks;
- Engage in high-level application architecture discussions;
- Help plan and execute all phases of the software development lifecycle using Agile SCRUM methodology.
Our ideal candidates are those who have:
- Extensive experience of object oriented web development experience
- Experience working with relational database management systems
- Experience and/or desire to work in an agile environment
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Analytical and creative mindset and a passion for solving business problems with technology
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features
- Good communication skills and a willingness to collaborate with other engineering teams
We are looking forward to your application, ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub)
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work/life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks and drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ENGR