Wayfair is currently seeking an Accounting Analyst within our Financial Reporting team. This position is responsible for analyzing existing accounting processes in order to gain a complete understanding of current procedures to provide recommendations for improvements related to accuracy and speed to close. The Accounting Analyst works closely with the general ledger and corporate accounts payable teams to identify, define, and implement process improvement solutions. This role understands the accounting operations processes/procedures and ensures there is alignment between the accounting operations and financial reporting goals. The successful candidate is highly motivated with excellent attention to detail.
- Analyzes spend data to identify opportunities for improved consistency and accuracy of financial reporting
- Evaluates the purchase order system/process for efficiency of workflow; identifies process improvements and provides recommendation on solutions
- Leads the implementation of the identified solutions and provides end-user training, documentation, and support as needed
- Works closely with internal stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure an efficient and seamless purchasing/vendor payment process
- Engages in projects, implementations, and ad-hoc reporting as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting/Finance
- 2-5 years of work experience, preferably in the Accounting space
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a highly detail-oriented environment
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Proven communication skills both on the phone and email
- Ability to stay consistently positive, people-oriented, and energetic
- Strong work ethic and a history of meeting tight deadlines
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: FINS