Manager of Carrier Procurement & Performance Management
Manager of Carrier Procurement and Performance Management
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home.
We are looking for a proven leader to drive process and performance excellence, and lead the team responsible for procuring a versatile and committed group of carriers that serve as a competitive advantage to deliver high performance at low costs. This individual will be innovative, process driven, performance focused, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. The candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment. This is a leadership role in one of our core operational functions and is highly visible with many opportunities for advancement.
Who we are: The Large Parcel Delivery team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry.
What you will do:
- Develop a performance management framework in which to evaluate carrier performance and hold carriers accountable
- Design, drive and report metrics to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external leadership teams
- Through innovation, negotiation and process improvement in Wayfair’s Last Mile space, you will work to optimize Large Parcel’s carrier cost structure and improve customer experience
- Identify areas for improvement, define best practices and drive enhancements within Large Parcel’s carrier procurement and performance management processes as it relates to final mile delivery
- Contribute strategic insights on operational design and improvements. Assist in driving enhancements to the operations
- Work on a very collaborative team with access to senior members of the operations organization
- Drive cross-functional alignment on customer and operational priorities
- Strategically plan to enable our team to proactively respond to the dynamics of our network, customers, and operations
Who we are looking for:
- A strong leader with an ability to ideate and innovate
- Plan, structure, and manage in-depth analyses concurrently to develop key insights and deliver performance enhancement pursuant to Large Parcel’s goals
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Extremely organized, meticulous, detailed oriented. Able to manage various competing initiatives and prioritize accordingly
- Demonstrated history as a team builder and coach
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills. Proven ability to work successfully with and across teams. Able to build strong relationships with external carriers and field operations
- 5 years in logistics, carrier management, procurement, performance management, supply chain / operations at leading companies (or combination), or 3-5 years in consulting firms
- Travel expectation: 20-25%
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.