We are looking to grow our Storage Technologies team by bringing on board a talented individual to help maintain the storage infrastructure that is the technical foundation of our rapidly growing large-scale Internet e-commerce platform and corporate applications. Although focused on storage, this individual will be a member of our Infrastructure Engineering team and have broad exposure to many pieces of the infrastructure and technologies. Most of our projects center around growth and scale; whether that be continual reassessment and improvement of the website infrastructure to allow us to distribute load around the world, or continuing to scale up to minimize page load times, or physical space/infrastructure growth to accommodate the personnel that support the site.
Some of our projects include:
- Help scale our Data Center storage infrastructure in the USA and Europe to provide capacity geographically close to our main customer bases
- Administer VPLEX storage virtualization as part of a director-class Fibre Channel fabric to improve efficiency and drive higher utilization of resources
- Support Isilon scale-out NAS in multiple Data Centers for file services and HDFS clusters
- Block-level storage technologies, including VMAX and XtremIO all flash arrays, 3PAR and PureStorage
- Storage-focused monitoring solutions to improve insight into a rapidly changing environment
- Capacity planning for storage growth and utilization, using metrics and monitoring
- Support Data Domain and Networker for successful backup jobs
What the Wayfair Storage Team does:
- Provide 7x24 on-call support
- Create and add space to LUNs
- Create and add space to filesystems
- Performance analysis
- Manage storage technologies such as VNX, VMAX, XtremIO, DataDomain, Isilon, VPLEX, HPE 3PAR and PureStorage
- Manage NAS technologies and infrastructures.
- Manage Fibre Channel switching fabrics
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot issues
- Rack and stack new arrays, Fibre Channel switches and other storage related data center gear
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- 3+ years of experience in enterprise IT
- 1+ years of Data Protection Technologies
- Understanding of Fibre Channel protocol and topologies
- Understanding of data protection media
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with Linux, Windows, and MAC server administration
- Familiarity with VMware based virtualization
- Excited about keeping up to date with the latest in storage technology
Nice to haves:
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Powershell, etc.
- Experience with Dell EMC storage and data protection technologies
An ideal candidate is:
- A go-getter who doesn’t necessarily wait for things to be assigned and can make opportunities for themselves.
- An efficient multi-tasker who is able to field several requests without missing a beat and has good prioritization skills.
- An effective communicator who can translate technical explanations to non-technical people, succinctly explain issues, and follow up with business owners appropriately.
- A go-to person who can tackle or help field any request that comes your way.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, an online flash sales site offering inspiring home design daily
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, and employs 4,000 people across its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.Tag: ENGR-INFR