Senior Manager of Exclusive Brands
Sr. Manager of Exclusive Brands
Wayfair is seeking an experienced leader to oversee Merchandising, Buying and Assortment Planning for our private label exclusive brands. Wayfair Exclusive Brands are new brands created by Wayfair and sold on Wayfair.com. They consist of carefully curated furniture and décor products that meet the needs of our diverse customer base. In addition to carefully selected products, these brands are supported by beautiful lifestyle photography, well written romance copy and well merchandised site treatment.
The Sr. Director will not only lead assortment planning and buying in our fast growing, home-focused private label brands, he/she will also oversee key strategic initiatives that will lay the foundation for the business to grow substantially. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, focused, and ambitious professional who has a passion for home décor and is interested in taking a key strategic Wayfair initiative to the next level.
- Set vision, direction and strategy for product in Wayfair private label brands. Shape product assortment and ensure product imagery and site presentation supports the brands.
- Develop assortment plans and category strategy to achieve revenue, conversion and profitability goals, leveraging product instinct, marketplace trends and sales/conversion data
- Align product selections with Brand team for upcoming promotions/offers
- Collaborate with site merchandising team to ensure brands are well positioned on site and products are well displayed
- Lead product assortment review meetings with creative and site merchandising teams
- Developing management reports, KPIs and targets to monitor business health and implement continuous improvement.
- Attend trade shows and exhibits, conduct buying trips on an occasional basis
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Category Management and Promotions effectively to realize deadlines and contribute to overall business strategy
- Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Manage a team of Merchants to specific revenue and margin targets
- Lead product insights for company across key categories
- Direct process improvement initiatives across the organization to improve efficiency and workflow
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Natural instincts for recognizing visually compelling furniture and décor assortment
- Thorough command of the furniture and décor styles
- 7+ years buying, merchandising or directly relevant experience within the home furniture, home décor, interiors, housewares, tabletop or lifestyle markets is preferred. Inventory planning and business analytics experience a plus
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in a startup atmosphere
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Analytical thinker who looks for answers in the data
- Familiarity with lifestyle brand trends and developments
- Effective manager and team motivator with experience managing 2 or more direct reports
- Process focused, with a tireless focus on quality output
- Willing and available to travel
- Background in retail or merchandising preferred
- Demonstrated success in a directly relevant role
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for full year 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: BMER-AP