Manager, Global Supply Chain Planning - Middle Mile Capacity
Wayfair is seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive the initiatives that will propel Wayfair from $6B to $15B and beyond. The successful candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong communication skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment.
If you’re passionate about Supply Chain Planning, love working in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to create, improve and sustain best practices and tools, this is a unique opportunity for you.
Who we are: We are the Global Supply Chain Planning team and we work with cross functional teams across Wayfair. We help them make informed decisions on a day to day basis and create visibility for warehouses, distribution, freight management, carrier management, pricing, In stock, CastleGate and many more.
Who you are:
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Global Capacity Management, the Manager, Middle Mile Capacity will:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to understand key inputs to Capacity Modelling and develop a roadmap to improve forecast accuracy and data quality
- Become the subject matter expert for middle mile operations, carrier operations, and customer delivery operations on the GSC team
- Collaborate to create and implement initiatives that will allow us to more accurately forecast capacity constraints through improving existing tools or implementing new methodologies through analytics
- Develop and execute business models to drive decision making around capacity, rack type and quantity, dock doors, yard space, and building throughput
- Partner with Operations and Analytics to create a long term forecast to drive labor planning, real estate planning and transportation planning
- Help drive CapEx decisions through rigorous analysis of future need vs current assets and future investments
- Be creative to envision the end-to-end business state by connecting various pieces together
- Be a strong team player and work hard towards reaching team goals
- Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop existing processes
- Minimal travel required (<15%).
Profiles that may be especially well-suited for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Industrial Management
- 5 + years progressive supply chain experience, preferably in B2B transportation or online fulfillment
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required; Tableau, Python and R preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL