Senior Business Analyst Competitive Intelligence (m/f)
Are you looking to join a team that is developing truly cutting edge capabilities? Are you excited about the opportunity to unlock the power of ‘Big Data’ assets? Do you enjoy fully owning your innovative analyses and insights from start to finish? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, cross-functional, and collaborative work environment that evolves over time?
This role will help create first-of-its kind, data-driven, dynamic visualizations and recommendations that will enable key stakeholders to be more efficient, targeted and strategic in their day-to-day decisions. It will contribute directly to a newly formed team that’s mission is to develop highly visible insights to Senior Management and key stakeholders across every aspect of the business, including pricing, product selection, merchandising, marketing, customer satisfaction, site functionality, and more.
Based in our Berlin office, this is a unique opportunity to build our European Competitive Intelligence function from the ground up – working closely to leverage the work and expertise of colleagues in the U.S. – with significant opportunity to make a tangible impact quickly.
Responsibilities of this role include developing analyses and insights using Big Data assets, becoming a subject matter expert on key competitors, collaborating closely with data science and engineers to develop various processes and dashboards, working with stakeholders to understand their strategic knowledge gaps, and developing insights to support critical executive decision making.
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Create visualizations and dashboards to effectively communicate insights from various analyses
- Collaborate closely with data scientists and engineers to develop processes and productionize visualizations
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand strategic knowledge gaps, and develop innovative solutions to generate new processes and insights
- Work closely with the team manager(s) to develop and follow project roadmaps, including key activities, stakeholder engagement, and milestones
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to help shape a relatively new team, and continue to drive impact across the organization
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of professional work experience; consulting, technology, start-up, strategy, banking, or other analytical roles strongly preferred
- Strong quantitative skills; ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic; passionate about working with, normalizing, and synthesizing large amounts of data into actionable insights
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Attentive to detail with strong quality control
- SQL experience or interest in and aptitude for learning quickly
And finally, our proposition to you!
Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks and Friday evening beers, but also…
- An awesome, multinational team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance and mentoring
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget: the chance to join the next global giant in eCommerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ANLT-PP