Sr. Transportation Planner, Ocean Freight Operations
The Inbound Freight Management team is looking for a Transportation Planner to coordinate the logistics of freight pickup from port to Wayfair’s CastleGate warehouses (a process known as drayage). In this role, you will be responsible for the daily planning and execution of freight pickup operations, working with the teams’ business partners to help standardize operational processes. You will also be supporting leadership in identifying operational challenges, as well as helping to drive for creative solutions.
Who we are:
Inbound Freight Management is a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies within the inbound space by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate, Logistics, and Engineering.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate across carriers, ports, and CastleGate warehouses to ensure on-time pickup and delivery of shipments.
- Identify operational trends that will drive initiatives for process improvement.
- Work with various teams, such as CastleGate Operations, CastleGate Account Managers, Carrier Performance and more, to ensure that items communicated to suppliers are consistent and initiatives are properly prioritized.
- Keep an open line of communication with the team’s business partners to ensure problems that arise follow the proper escalation path.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically excel
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail
- Previous experience working with cross functional teams
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.