Carrier Performance Manager
Carrier Performance Manager
The North American Transportation team is looking for a proven leader to drive a transformative redesign of our shipping network. This person will play a key role in a major company initiative to roll out a best in class transportation network through more intelligent network routing, pooling, and cross docking. As an integral member of this team, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of a very unique and proprietary furniture network.
We are looking for the right individual, who is team oriented, with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep background in either procurement and Carrier Management or experience costing and managing a transportation network working for a carrier or 3PL in order to manage our critically important transportation business and drive down costs, speed up transit time and reduce damages. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to lead one of our core operational functions.
Who we are: The NA Transportation team manages all of Wayfair’s logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing Wayfair’s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere. We also provide leadership by example in hiring, retention and safety.
What you will do:
- Design and drive metrics to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. This will be done through the use of both systematic and manually developed solutions. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to provide visibility of transportation flows. Identify and communicate risk and develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Contribute strategic insights on networks design and improvements. Assist in driving enhancements to the network and processes.
- Recruit and onboard, negotiate contracts and train new providers in the Truckload, LTL, IM and dray space.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive overall network performance.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in logistics, carrier management or transportation operations.
- Ability to manage and drive and prioritize projects, while leading cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills. Proven ability to work successfully with and across teams. Able to building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Strong leadership ability. A hands-on analyst and team player that can inspire/mentor staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-L