Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst - Growth Strategy
If you’re highly analytical, entrepreneurial, and interested in being a part of an eCommerce leader, then we are looking for you to join our team at Wayfair!
We have opportunities available at both the Analyst and Senior Analyst level.
The role and the team:
The Wayfair Customer Acquisition and Retention teams are responsible for driving multimillion dollar campaigns aimed at growing our dominance in the online home shopping space. Leveraging a variety of channels – search engine optimization, paid search, display, broadcast, etc. – this team collaborates with engineering, data science, merchandising, and pricing to firmly establish the Wayfair brand in the hearts and minds of its millions of customers.
As a Senior Business Analyst on that team, you will manage and optimize Wayfair’s advertising spend specific to acquisition and retention channels meeting intense return on investment goals. Taking complete ownership over budget, campaign execution, and revenue growth, you are uniquely positioned to operate in our fast-paced environment to make a significant and tangible impact.
At their core, our Business Analysts are strong in both quantitative and qualitative analyses, thrive in fast-paced environments, and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they can have an immediate impact on critical business decisions. Business Analysts are strong communicators who are eager to learn, endlessly curious, take pride in hard work, and are committed to rapidly advancing their careers.
What the future looks like:
With the skills built in their role, our Analysts see great success throughout the organization and beyond. Daily our Analysts are building their quantitative and qualitative skills but are also developing a strong business acumen and ownership. The Analysts can see their future in many different departments across Wayfair. This is also a great launching point in the eCommerce space and more for those interested in business development, corporate strategy, or management.
Our team is organized into groups for our Wayfair.com and Lifestyle Brands each focused on different aspects of the customer experience:
- Social Media – The Social Media team tackles all social media growth campaigns including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
- Registry – The Registry team is responsible for developing the Wayfair Wedding Registry offering and acquiring new customers via cross-channel activities.
- Notifications – The Notifications team works on driving retention growth within our current customer base through strategic and triggered email outreach.
- Intent – The Intent team is responsible for day-to-day management of top of the funnel digital acquisition and retention channels. This includes paid search, site retargeting, product listing ads, and comparison shopping engines.
- B2B – The B2B team focuses on reaching business customers, from Fortune 100 businesses to interior designers to daycare centers to contractors. The B2B segment is one of Wayfair’s largest growth areas.
- Affiliates/Partners – The Affiliates and Partners team vets and cultivates new customer acquisition opportunities, including direct mail, affiliates, e-mail lead generation, sweepstakes, partnerships and special offers, and life-stage targeting.
- Manage and optimize a multimillion dollar budget to meet ROI goals and grow the business
- Product/Ad Tech development and management. Wayfair’s approach is unique in that we build our own technology platforms (e.g., proprietary technology that enables Wayfair to personalize ad creative and messaging on FB, banner ads, and email).
- Complete ownership over channel which includes budget, campaign execution, and revenue growth
- Develop strategy for priority initiatives and lead implementation to drive step change improvements in performance
- Analyze campaign performance, identify trends, and facilitate opportunities for improvement
- Closely monitor campaign performance daily and react to deviations from plan quickly and strategically
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with external partners and vendors
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Join forces with the Data Science and Engineering teams to contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our customer’s experience
In order to be successful, you must bring:
- 1-3 years of experience working with various kinds of data which can include finance, investment banking, or consulting
- Bachelor's Degree required. A focus in Economics, Business, Mathematics or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus from a top tier school is preferred
- Our Analysts need to plan several steps ahead – they need the ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment
- Ability to tackle several projects simultaneously and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong ideas and the ability to voice them but with a positive, people-oriented, and up-beat attitude
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data – our campaigns can be updated in an instant
- Excel programming prowess enabling you to slice data and tell your story in different ways and to different departments
- Experience with SQL and R is a plus but not required
- A tenacious desire to be impactful, to grow a business, and to learn
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.