Associate Merchant – Exclusive Brands
Wayfair’s Exclusive Brands team is developing a product strategy to support the development of several private labels. We are looking to hire an Associate Merchant to help drive this initiative. The house brands we’re developing will combine Wayfair’s highly practical & deeply analytic DNA with inspirational photography and merchandising best practices learned from our lifestyle brand (Birch Lane, Dwell etc.) initiatives—to further differentiate Wayfair from our competitors.
In this role, the Associate Merchant will support the Exclusive Brands buying team. He/She will be responsible for supporting the growth of key brands, and operational aspects of Exclusive Brands. Daily projects include overseeing the business of 1-2 key categories, supporting manager during product merchandising sprints, curating new product intros, creating creative briefs for photography execution, updating assortment plans, and aligning with internal teams on brand development goals. This role provides significant exposure to one of Wayfair’s strategic initiatives. Top performers will have a chance to progress their career further into our buying organization.
The most successful Associate Merchants are those who are driven, tenacious, outgoing, and have an equal passion for both business and process. The Associate Merchant for Exclusive Brands must be an expert multi-tasker, have an acute focus on detail and eye for style, and manage their workload in a highly-organized way.
- Supporting management and development of Wayfair’s Exclusive Brands
- Forge and expand strong internal relationships
- Assist Buying team with the following: curation of house brands, business analysis, site QA , creative brief generation
- Identify gaps in Wayfair’s catalog within the exclusive brands; launch Product Insights with suppliers
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge; stay on top of category and market trends
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Eye for style
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Goal oriented, entrepreneurial self starter, gregarious, has presence (not shy)
- Powerful attention to detail, dissatisfied with any mistake, takes ownership
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team on individually
- Able to juggle many projects at many stages of development at one time
- Highly organized
- Excel proficiency a must
- Familiarity with SQL a plus
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for full year 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: