The Inbound Freight Management team is looking for a Transportation Planning Lead to coordinate the logistics of domestic freight pickup from suppliers’ facilities to Wayfair’s CastleGate warehouses. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily planning and execution of freight pickup operations, as well as to help guide the planning team in day to day operations. You will also be supporting leadership in identifying operational challenges, as well as helping to drive for creative solutions.
Who we are:
Inbound Freight Management is part of our newest services we offer to our CastleGate suppliers, and one of fastest growing teams at Wayfair! We’re a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment. Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies in the Freight Pickup Program by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate, Logistics, and Engineering.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate across carriers, suppliers, and CastleGate warehouses to ensure on-time pickup and delivery of shipments.
- Be the first point of escalation on the ground for the planning team
- Provide peer coaching and guidance for day to day operations
- Identify operational trends that will drive initiatives for process improvement.
- Work with various teams, such as CastleGate Operations, CastleGate Account Managers, Carrier Performance and more, to ensure that items communicated to suppliers are consistent and initiatives are properly prioritized.
- Keep an open line of communication with the team’s business partners to ensure problems that arise follow the proper escalation path.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically excel
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- 1-2 years of experience
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail
- Previous experience working with cross functional teams