Analyst, Forecasting & Capacity Modeling
Who we are: The supply chain analytics teams are internal consulting groups that seek to improve operational efficiency by building quantitative models. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team: from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, Python, R, and other software applications
- Build scenario planning models in Microsoft Excel or other tools
- Develop, run, and interpret statistical models to forecast supply and demand
- Detect significant changes in network behavior from historical patterns and revise existing models to include new predictors
- Build complex capacity models for our warehouses and cross-docks to identify and manage potential constraints
- Create rich data visualizations in Excel, Tableau, Python, or R
- Communicate insights and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Building statistical forecasts of Wayfair orders by product category. These models drive millions of dollars of real estate and capital investment decisions for our warehouses, cross-docks, and other Wayfair-operated facilities.
- Combining time series forecasts, business forecasts, and planned changes to our supply chain network to guide capacity planning, including expansion to new markets.
- Creating an event simulation to identify capacity constraints under various scenarios. Identify cost-effective solutions for relieving those constraints.
Who you are:
- You have at least 1 year of experience in an analytical/consulting role, preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have a master’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred, also PhD is good.
- You think critically about analytical assumptions, models, and conclusions
- You are strong at using Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and pivot charts
- You are able to use SQL to join data from multiple database tables
- You are able to write scripts in Python, R, or other languages used by data scientists
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***Tag: SLS