CMO Of Perigold
Wayfair is looking for an experienced senior professional to build and lead the marketing strategy for our newest Lifestyle Brand: Perigold. This role represents a significant opportunity to quickly scale our marketing efforts behind the Perigold brand by injecting creativity, innovation, and analytics into our approach and working across teams to understand the Perigold customer and leverage our understanding to build an effective experience for the customer across all aspects of the brand.
As part of the senior leadership team for the brand, the Director will be responsible for leading customer acquisition and retention across channels. The Director will lead a strong team, communicating effectively with stakeholders across departments (e.g., Product Management, Category Management, Engineering) to quickly respond to learnings and incorporate these into the Perigold marketing playbook to create revenue growth. The Director reports to the Vice President of Lifestyle Marketing and will work side by side with Perigold General Manager to achieve aggressive business growth goals.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a very significant way to Wayfair’s rapid growth and leadership in e-commerce.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate the Perigold marketing strategy
- Own the P&L for the marketing budget (the largest non-product cost) including responsibility for hitting aggressive revenue goals for the business while meeting ROI targets
- Relentlessly create revenue growth through innovative strategies and meticulous execution to deliver step change improvements in performance
- Define KPIs for the Perigold marketing team, and establish stretch goals for 3-6-12 month time windows
- Partner with internal teams to help influence the marketing agenda and execute
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring/developing team
- 8-10 years online marketing experience OR experienced consultant or investment banker looking to make move to Internet commerce leader and take direct PL accountability
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Comfortable in a data-driven business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high performing teams
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Interest in home décor, furnishings, or design a plus
About Marketing at Wayfair:
The Marketing team is responsible for knowing the customer. We fuel growth by introducing new customers to our brands and driving engagement from our loyal customer base. Marketing team members are equal parts performance marketers, general managers, and innovators.
We’re not a cost center; we drive profitable top line revenue growth by investing our marketing dollars where they will drive the greatest return for the business and leveraging our understanding of the customer to drive the overall business strategy.
We write our own playbook for marketing success. We work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management.
We understand the nitty gritty of how the internet works and we build our own ad tech platforms to maximize the ROI from our marketing investments.
Marketing leaders own and drive:
- Channel management. Our Marketing leaders drive strategies for the marketing channels (e.g., paid search, display, social, direct mail, email) we rely on to drive Wayfair’s growth. This means:
- Owning all aspects of performance (revenue, cost, profitability)
- Building and driving innovative roadmaps to channel growth
- Owning relationships with our advertising partners (Facebook, Google, Pinterest, etc.)
- Product/Ad tech development. Wayfair’s approach to marketing is unique in that we build our own advertising technology platforms. This means that we need leaders who:
- Take an ownership mentality to holistically thinking about tools and technologies
- Can build product/technology solutions to fuel sustainable growth for marketing initiatives
- Can work cross functionally to shape product offerings
Perigold is the newest of Wayfair’s lifestyle brands. Perigold:
- Offers an unparalleled selection of premium branded home furnishings
- Soft launched earlier this year in the US
- Is expected to contribute significant revenue growth to the Wayfair portfolio
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: MKTG-LB