Senior Product Manager, Marketing Personalization Strategies
Wayfair is looking for a senior product manager to own our strategies and algorithms that personalize content across marketing channels. You will work closely with our data science, engineering, and marketing teams to find the “next best message” for every customer across all marketing touchpoints to drive more traffic to site and maximize CLV. Specifically, you will:
- Own several of our personalization strategies for key customer segments. This may include inspiring customers to find new products, helping convert in-market customers, or optimizing our ability to introduce customers to new categories they didn’t know they could find on Wayfair.
- In conjunction with our data science and engineering teams, build the multi-quarter roadmap to best recommended SKUs, sale events, and other content from our portfolio of assets. This includes informing algorithm selection (e.g., reinforcement learning, collaborative filtering, etc.), prioritizing customer problems and segments, developing the testing agenda, ensuring product delivery, and communicating the plan to stakeholders.
- Rapidly test strategies across channels (including e-mail and retargeting) ensuring learnings are consistently being shared among teams.
- Maniacally measure performance and own the KPIs for your marketing personalization strategies, adjusting the roadmap based on test data.
- Ensure our marketing personalization approaches incorporates the nuances of our product catalog and strategic trade-offs we are making across channels.
Your work will make customers enjoy and value their experiences across Wayfair marketing campaigns and be inspired to discover and build the home they love.
This role is part of the broader Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Product team at Wayfair which is responsible for building world-class systems to automate our marketing campaigns and get the right message in front of every customer at the optimal time. Beyond recommendations, our products also include our data management platform, notifications and marketing automation systems, and campaign automation/bidding tools. We have a sophisticated technology stack that allows for fast iteration on complex machine learning models for personalization that will enable you to be very nimble.
- Maintain a product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and customers up to date on the top level goals, timelines, and progress
- Be the subject matter expert and owner of your products. Push the limits of our thinking on personalization strategies.
- Own the delivery, measurement, and performance of your strategies
- Prioritize requests and ideas for features by understanding the business value and impact, weighed against the risks and development cost
- Market your product internally across teams to maximize adoption
- Deeply understand the technology used in your products, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- Regularly communicate our quarterly/monthly goals and progress to keep business stakeholders apprised of your work and product progress
- 5+ years of product experience in the digital space, preferably ecommerce or recommender systems, or similar experience in top-tier consulting firm with an interest in algorithms, ad tech, or big data
- Strong quantitative skills to help assist in analysis and algorithm direction. Data science experience is not a prerequisite but interest in the space and learning by doing is critical.
- Demonstrable ability to be technically hands-on, up to architecting high-level system plans (no coding)
- Proven SQL knowledge – can use SQL to pull ad hoc data when necessary
- Drive to deliver amazing products and features on schedule
- Ability to work across several stakeholder groups and juggle many large initiatives simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds), MBA or advanced degree a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 peopleTag: MKTG