Assistant Manager - Supplier Engagement M/F
We are a zillion things home. We are Wayfair.
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing.
We are now searching for a talented & driven Assistant Manager to design and direct strategy for a growing team of Supply Chain Specialists. The successful candidate will be responsible for one of our teams, who work to optimize suppliers’ drop-ship operations and packaging to improve the Wayfair customer experience.
You will be a team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, you must possess strong senior presence.
Along with your unparalleled negotiation and project management skills, you can balance analytical thinking with effective communication. Interest in leading others and a vested interest in the team is a must.
Key Impacts You Will Be Making:
- Work strategically with suppliers to continuously improve the customer experience through operational improvements with a key focus on production quality and packaging
- Get in front of VP’s and upper management of suppliers to enact change quickly
- Collaborate with management, peers and direct reports to driving meaningful results
- Work cross-functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Buyers, Merchandising, Finance and Logistics
Expertise and Team Growth
- Analyze performance trends to develop supplier level roadmaps from insights
- Lead and direct a small team of Supply Chain Specialists
- Report performance trends and improvements to senior management
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes that make our team and suppliers more efficient and effective
Let’s talk about you:
- Sufficient experience in supply chain, operations or management consulting experience
- Proven ability to lead, mentor and coach team members
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills, SQL preferred
- Willingness to travel to Wayfair and supplier locations throughout Europe
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Experience in driving best practice and process improvements in teams
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SLS