Senior Manager, People Strategy
Title: Senior Manager, People Strategy
Location: Berlin, Germany
Wayfair is experiencing rapid and dynamic growth across a variety of areas. To help support the current revenue growth we have increased headcount significantly and added offices and locations across the US and Europe. As our employee base and geographic area expands, we are focused on ensuring that we have the right leadership, teams and infrastructure in place to support this larger, more complex organization. A critical component of our success is strong people management and development.
To help support and shape growth across large functional areas we recently launched a newly formed team of Talent Strategy Business Partners. As the first Senior Manager, People Strategy supporting the EU Commercial organization – with a headcount of roughly 200 – you will have the opportunity to both shape your role and help create the overall Business Partners team while supporting the executive team in a critical functional area. Our people are the biggest factor in our success and the key driver of our revenue growth; the Senior Manager, People Strategy has a unique opportunity to help drive this growth through exceptional talent management and strategy.
This role will report into the Associate Director of Talent Strategy Business Partners with a dotted line into the head of the EU Commercial Business. Success in the role comes with the potential to transition into a more operational role over time. Whether coaching managers on how to lead and grow their teams, navigating and resolving challenging people issues, or advising and building programs and initiatives that increase productivity, you’ll be asked to roll up your sleeves and get involved. You will partner with a cross functional talent management team to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize our workforce.
Key responsibilities for Senior Manager, People Strategy will include:
* Working with key executive stakeholders in their relevant functional area to develop the talent management plan for employees ranging from entry level to executive level
* Helping to identify skill and leadership gaps within the functional area and proposing and implementing changes necessary to put key solutions in place
* Analyzing key employee data for your functional area (e.g., employee engagement surveys, turnover stats, compensation structures, upward feedback) to help improve employee satisfaction, retention and effectiveness
* Working with HR and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for calibration, compensation and development processes for employees in relevant functional area
* Providing strategic business partnership and coaching to key functional partners on performance feedback, leadership development and conflict management
* Significant people management or relevant experience (top tier consulting firm experience preferred)
* Passion for people and proven success in people management and development
* Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
* high level of flexibility and adaptability
* Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
* Demonstrated ability to influence and coach others
This is a great role for a strong performer who is looking to make the jump from consulting to a business operating role. The Senior Manager, People Strategy role will allow you to get a holistic view of the organization, work with key executives and help create a new team with the potential to move into a more operational role in the organization over time.Tag: