EU Human Resources Generalist – Virtual (Ireland or Germany based)
We are seeking a dynamic, strategic EU Human Resources Generalist who will provide employee related support to both employees and leaders across our virtual teams who work from home across Europe.
This individual will perform a full range of HR functions in an exciting, unique, fast-paced, and fun environment.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Talent Management, EU.
Talent Management EU works with our employees on company efforts to recruit, engage, and retain the best talent including on-boarding of new hires, benefits administration and research on trends, working with employees on Employee Relations issues, helping managers develop their teams and reviewing data to position Wayfair as the Best Place to Work.
If you are passionate about Talent Management and are able to combine scrappy start-up execution with a high standard of excellence, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then Wayfair is the place for you!
This is a virtual role which means you will be based in your home office in either Ireland or Germany.
- Provide all new hires with a comprehensive orientation and on-boarding to Wayfair to ensure a positive introduction to the company and consistency in providing company information
- Support and guide the performance management process
- Manage and own the absence review process, analyzing data and trends
- Address queries and provide guidance in relation to company policies and procedures
- Management of all Employee Relations
- Develop and maintain new and existing employee files as well as supporting compensation/payroll administration
- Review employee data to support modifications to policies and to drive talent management changes in addition to policy and contract development for new EU jurisdictions
- Oversee benefits enrollment and understand trends relating to benefits in our geographic locations
- Work cross functionally with teams to develop and deliver appropriate engagement strategies
- Work closely with the wider management team and the relevant departments to ensure a highly effective HR service while contributing to the unique Wayfair culture
- Administer exit interviews and collect attrition data for practical use to improve retention
- Collaborate with EU Talent Acquisition team
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or in a related field
- Significant and proven experience within HR at a Generalist, Business Partner, Advisor level with fluency in spoken and written English and German
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate across various mediums
- Strong systems experience e.g. Adobe Connect, Workday, Skype, Google Hangouts etc
- Superb customer management skills with ability to build trust and credibility with employees at all levels
- Experience of managing remotely in a similar environment, preferable contact centre with an ability to build strong professional relationships
- Experience handling employee relations questions and issues
- Strong in-depth knowledge and understanding of EU employment law
- Willing to travel to Wayfair's EU and Boston offices as and when required
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Note: WAYFAIR is committed to an environment that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and qualified candidates, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.