NOC Engineer - Monitoring
Wayfair operates a 24/7/365 Network Operations Center and we are looking for motivated and talented individuals to help improve the way that we operate.
About our NOC Engineering team:
- We are primarily a project oriented team with our core focus being the monitoring and improvement of our production systems across our infrastructure. We are looking for someone with a strong monitoring background that can help support our Infrastructure monitoring ecosystem.
About you (Requirements):
- You are self-directed and highly analytical
- You want to expand your skills and always be learning new things
- You are not afraid to question how things are being done
- You can communicate well with other technical people
We have a wide variety of prior backgrounds on our NOC Engineering team so our Qualifications are not must-haves, but the more the merrier. We generally look for experience with the following:
- Network troubleshooting and concepts, such as proxy servers and load balancing
- Monitoring software such as Datadog, ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana, Zabbix or any other Infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Linux, Bash, and general comfort with the command line
- Experience writing in an object-oriented language (PHP, Java, etc.)
- Time series data platforms like Graphite, Grafana, InfluxDB
- Experience with distributed systems like Kafka or Zookeeper as well as automation frameworks like Puppet or Chef
- Experience with troubleshooting complex distributed applications
- Help the Ops team troubleshooting issues and get them closer to root cause with an eye on preventing them from recurring or resolving them faster
- Handle project work as assigned
- Researching new technologies and systems that could improve how the NOC or Engineering as a whole operates
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.