Warehouse IT Site Lead
- Displays ability to delegate and provide clear direction to L1 and L2 Engineers
- Acts as a point of ticket and systems outage escalation for L1 and L2 Engineers
- Manages ITS Projects and platform updates, changes, and deployments.
- Tracks progress and timelines
- Handles unknown challenges, roadblocks, and dependencies effectively.
- Communicates progress, timelines, and challenges to project stakeholders
- Communicates with Warehouse Management relevant ITS changes affecting business practices, workflow, and SOPs for warehouse employees.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates all new or updated processes, procedures, and other relevant operational information to L1 L2 Engineers
Providing second and third-level support to our employees for all IT-related concerns, which includes supporting and troubleshooting technologies such as: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection, VOIP telephony, CISCO networking and our own proprietary software
Preparing, repairing and deploying desktop computers, warehouse technologies (such as wired and wireless scan guns, packing stations) and other office equipment
Experience with deploying software\imaging with System Center Configuration Manager added
Maintaining and expanding edge network switchgear
Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting daily batch and backup processes
Helping with the planning and deployment of new and upgraded products
Helping to seek out and implement ways to make a system or process more efficient
Willing and able to travel to multiple regional sites (up to 3 hour drives away)
BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university
One to two years of current IT Support Experience
Prior warehouse operations/warehouse management system experience a plus
A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization
Experience in a helpdesk or other service-oriented IT role a large plus
Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies
Active directory experience, including Group Policy Objects and User Profiles
SQL knowledge highly preferred but not required
Unix/Linux (particularly FreeBSD/CentOS) knowledge/interest a plus
Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
Familiarity with email, FTP and HTTP technologies
Scripting ability, especially using Powershell, VBScript and/or PHP, a large plus
Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs.
Other traits we look for:
Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is to be based out of our Mississauga, ON Location ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions. Tag: ENGR-INFR