Associate Director of Operations Strategy
Associate Director, Operations Strategy
About the Role:
Wayfair is looking for a driven, analytical leader with proven experience driving organizational change and championing innovative thinking through analytics to lead the inventory positioning strategy for the CastleGate business. This strategy will accelerate Wayfair’s competitive advantage by driving fast delivery of product to customers. This role will spearhead the induction and cross-docking strategy, the technology used to drive decisions, and the processes necessary for success. It will have executive-level visibility and will be at the forefront of CastleGate’s strategic decisions.
A successful Associate Director of Operations Strategy will:
- Partner with leaders across Inventory Planning, Product Management, Operations Research, and Engineering to develop and implement an infrastructure of technology and data that results in speed and profit optimization for inventory positioning with dynamic monitoring
- Manage a team in the development of analyses that improve planner, supplier, and warehouse decisions
- Work with the Warehouse and Inbound teams to improve cross-docking processes
- Spearhead the development of insight-driven tools & dashboards that measure success across the logistics network
- Develop strategies in partnership with the Account Management team that incentivize suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in operations, engineering, consulting, strategy or finance with direct management experience
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Experience managing and executing large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently partner with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
- Ability to lead a team in the analysis of large data sets to deliver clear, actionable insights
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve the online consumer shopping experience while developing a competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery guarantees, lower costs, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. To accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. Suppliers ship inventory directly to Wayfair warehouses on consignment. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.