Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to accelerate unlocking insights and providing outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. We treat data as a resource; making information globally accessible and eliminating silos. If you want to join a team with these traits in their DNA, read on.
Each Business Intelligence Analyst is aligned with one or more groups, such as Marketing, Logistics, Finance, or Customer Service and partners with those teams to help them achieve their goals. Whether you’re measuring site performance, analyzing customer behavior and trends, data mining, or optimizing SQL queries, you will be working with cutting edge technology and multi-terabyte datasets.
At their core, Business Intelligence Analysts at Wayfair are strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy SQL coding but also want to balance that with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. There are significant opportunities for new BI team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
- Consulting with internal customers (e.g., Marketing, Logistics, Finance, or Customer Service) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
- Working with several large and complex SQL and Vertica databases
- Designing and building reports, dashboards, and analyses in both Excel and Tableau
- 2+ years of experience in a business intelligence, data science or engineering role
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with VBA/macros, a plus
- BA in computer science, economics, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: ANLT-BIDS