Director of Warehouse Operations
The Director of Warehouse Operations will be a key member of the Wayfair operations team. The position will require a leader to both develop and manage a large team over multiple sites in the Northeast; handling both small parcel and freight products for the leading home furnishings and décor site; Wayfair.com. The facilities will include sites totaling over 4 million square feet designed to support our fulfillment operations and cross-dock functions. Fast paced environment with frequent change to processes driving key customer performance stats.
- Strategic leader in our fulfillment and cross-docking network.
- Set performance goals around cost as well as exceptionally high levels of customer service.
- Will involve multiple implementations and site realignments.
- Manage the day to day operations for fulfillment operations for both freight and small parcel products as well as oversee additional sites.
- Develop staffing and productivity planning metrics for all segments of the operations.
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and improved square footage utilization opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategy to efficiently support special projects as well as new service offerings.
- In close coordination with planning and marketing teams, monitor and project space and expansion needs.
- Engage with senior management in Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Finance, and Customer Service.
- Maintain solid inventory control processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA is a plus.
- Any industry certifications and development are a plus.
- 10-15 years of progressive upward experience in distribution and logistics functions; preferably in the E-Commerce industry.
- Clear background in large network driven organization.
- Previous experience managing large scale; multi-site operations.
- Planning and budgeting experience.
- Strong WMS / LMS systems background.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
- Detail oriented, strong communication and collaborative skills.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.