Category Manager with Fluent German
Wayfair is looking for a talented, Category Manager with fluent German to help us profitably grow our business in Europe.
In this role, you will work with external partners and internal cross-functional teams to advance your category’s business agenda. You will have true ownership over a large group of suppliers and one category which will have a material impact to the business.
You will develop and drive category strategy while negotiate favorable business terms on costs of goods sold (drop-ship and stocking), seek alternative product sourcing strategies to drive better product economics, develop and manage supplier relationships, drive results and own the business/financial analytics for your suppliers.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and manage strategy for one category
- Manage a large portfolio of suppliers within Category
- Drive strategic supplier relationship management
- Sales and activity analysis
- Execute high volume of negotiations with existing suppliers including everyday pricing, annual incentive programs, advertising programs and promotions
- Conduct regular meetings and calls with suppliers to review the business and advance Wayfair business goals
- Travel to trade shows with Associate Director (2-4 trips per year)
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and suppliers
- Plan promotions and marketing programs with your suppliers.
- Advance catalogue expansion, including identifying selection gaps, prioritizing new line queue and building direct relationships with key suppliers to bring on board
- Analyze competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes and product scouting as needed
- Identify merchandising opportunities for your category and collaborate with central merchandising to strategize and prioritize needed
- Collaborate across departments to drive category goals (Inventory Planning, Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, PR, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
What You Have:
- German speaking preferred
- Minimum of at least 4 years experience (ideally from a similar industry)
- Graduate from a business related degree
- A strong desire to win and drive independent collaboration with relative cross-functional teams/individuals
- Hungry to produce and execute against an array of initiatives
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills - dissect and determine root cause of problems and implement solutions
What We Offer:
- A dynamic, energetic work environment
- A great opportunity to learn about e-commerce from a global top 50 e-retailer.
- Great location in central London
- Private medical, dental insurance, pension, Gym membership discounts, team pod outings, and more!
- Fresh fruits, snacks, refreshments and beer Fridays
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.Tag: CMGMT