Director of Product Management, Best in Class Programs & Experiences
Wayfair is looking for a senior, entrepreneurial Product leader who is passionate about creating amazing consumer products at scale, and building high-performing product teams from scratch. Reporting to our Head of Product, the person in this role will own product strategy and execution for one of Wayfair’s most important strategic priorities: to ensure a best-in-class shopping experience for millions of products across hundreds of product categories, for all of our brands and geographies.
At the heart of this role lies a really hard question: how can we perfect the shopping experience for millions of customers shopping a catalog with millions of diverse, often complex products (e.g., grills, beds, wall art, rugs, flatware) in ways that are simple and cohesive on the front end, and scalable on the back end?
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, and build a large cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists.
- Establish vision, strategy and roadmap for how we refine our shopping experience within each product category while maintaining a cohesive overall site experience. This strategy will include both feature and platform development.
- Partner closely with senior executives in Site Merchandising, Category Management and Product to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, decision-making processes, communication processes and product delivery. You will be a core part of a senior cross-functional leadership team.
- Build a product team essentially from scratch: this is a brand new team with a few PMs; we have budget approval (and a strategic imperative) to build the team aggressively. Within 6-12 months this team will have ~15-20 PMs (including Directors and Associate Directors), ~50 dedicated engineers, ~15 product designers and ~10 analysts. You’ll build the team, and ensure the team has a high degree of psychological safety and impact orientation.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to measurable gains in our core CLV-related metrics (e.g., visit frequency, conversion rates, average order values, return rates, NPS).
- As a member of our Product leadership team, help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, partnering with other Wayfair departments and external speaking/content generation.
- 10+ years’ Product Management experience, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies).
- 5+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Technical background, or technical orientation preferred.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: PMGMT