The Lifestyle Brands’ (Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane, and Perigold) Creative team is seeking an innovative, collaborative, and experienced designer to concept and create engaging animations.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about all things motion and advertising; photography, analytics, and home furnishings – and has a fresh aesthetic sensibility that effortlessly fits in with (and adds to) our portfolio of unique Lifestyle brands. We’re growing fast and the volume of work we’re producing is high. Our expectations of quality and innovation are even higher.
Primary tasks for this role include collaborating with brand leads, fellow designers and copywriters to concept; as well as working independently (and diligently) to produce animated creative. Additionally, you’ll be expected to seek, interpret, and incorporate data and trends into your projects. Must be a designer with an eye for detail and a knack for organization and efficiency. To be considered, your portfolio and work samples must showcase your experience in creating animations / animated advertisements and a thorough understanding of best practices.
- Contribute to exciting motion-graphics, advertising, and email initiatives for Wayfair’s Lifestyle Brands.
- Design and produce a high volume of top-quality, creative advertising with stopping-power.
- Be a team player; willing to collaborate closely with other designers and pitch in on other projects as needed.
- Participate in collaborative brainstorms, drive concept development, and gather and distribute learnings.
- Develop ideas and concepts into compelling visual solutions that tie back to our core customers’ needs.
- Follow (and help create) brand standards.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and technologies in advertising, email, and motion graphics.
- Present visual ideas and design rationale to team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree (motion, graphic design or related field)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience (full-time) in animation / interactive design
- Professional-Level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs (with an emphasis on Photoshop); After Effects / Premiere / HTML5 animation, Google Web Designer
- Must possess excellent visual and graphic design composition skills, and have technical expertise in non-destructive methods of animating and compositing
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to participate in critique and respond positively to feedback
- A solid understanding of design, color, and typographic principles
- Proficiency using a MAC
- Enthusiasm for home furnishings and eCommerce
Your work will be seen by millions and contribute heavily to the visual evolution of our brands. To be considered, you must have an online portfolio. Your work should demonstrate a strong eye for design, understanding of motion, respect for brand standards, a love of experimentation, and a command of technology and media.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CUE