Content Strategy Manager
UX Copy Manager
*Please note: You must include a cover letter and 3 relevant writing samples to be considered for this position. For the writing samples, a link to your portfolio is preferred, but you can also cut and paste your work at the end of your cover letter.
On our fast-growing UX Copy team, we have a big new project in the works. And we’re looking for someone who can split their time between leading that initiative and managing a couple Junior Copywriters, mentoring them as they write for B2B and B2C consumers.
You’ll help us move the needle on content strategy, too—whether it’s templatizing content matrices or driving consistency with content audits.
Ideal candidates are not only natural leaders and terrific writers, but also sought-after collaborators, critical thinkers, and detail-oriented editors who work well in entrepreneurial environments. If you’ve ever been called “tenacious,” that’s a plus: We’re a small team in a big org, and you’ll need to consistently, persuasively advocate for best-in-class messaging on behalf of our customers.
Have a passion for the user experience and grooming young talent? Think you’re the right fit? Awesome. We can’t wait to meet you!
- Manage and mentor a small team of Junior Copywriters
- Write clear, compelling copy and contribute strategy for new feature development
- Ensure consistent messaging across platforms (app, mobile web, desktop)
- Carry the Wayfair brand voice through multiple channels, while following tone and style standards
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how customers interact with our website, and use data to determine how to solve customer problems and make our messaging even more compelling
- Work cross-functionally with Product Designers (UX/UI), Product Managers, and Engineers, working collaboratively to make the customer journey as user-friendly (and delightful) as possible
Skills & Experience:
- Previous managerial experience is a must
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience for consumers and consumer brands (B2B and e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong writing and editing skills, as well as a deep understanding of how to support the overall customer experience and product usability
- The ability to identify user problems and solve them creatively and critically
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically—understanding how design and copy work together to provide customers with a consistent end-to-end message
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, leadership, and organizational skills
- A motivated, self-starter attitude with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: CUE-COP