Associate Director- Digital Asset Management
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for an Associate Director, Digital Asset Management to help lead a key initiative within our Product Media Systems team. The Product Media Systems team is responsible for the ingestion, management, storage, and tagging of all images, videos, documents, and 3D models from our Suppliers and Photo Production Team.
As the CEO of your platform, you will be responsible for wearing any & all hats. You will partner with directors and other stakeholders across departments to understand Digital Asset Management search/retrieval needs; identify gaps in current product capabilities; define product design & functional requirements/capabilities; and work with UX designers and engineers to execute on those through implementation & impact evaluation.
Who we are: Operations Product Innovation is an internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Warehousing, Logistics, Media, and Enterprise platforms) and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In This Role You Will
- You will work closely with Marketing,IT, Engineering, and end users to build upon a state-of-the-art Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Responsible for building system integrations with digital asset management system, original content management systems and production systems where applicable
- Work with stakeholders to gather functional and technical requirements around digital asset metadata, taxonomy, organization, and workflow
- Anticipate tech/operational issues, assess scope, and have a lens on cross-platform impacts
- Lead efforts to migrate content from existing content stores as needed; includes applying security, retention, taxonomy and metadata to each digital file
- Train user community as needed on proper usage and best practices of the DAM system
- Work closely with software engineers, service management, and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Create and maintain up-to-date Digital Asset Management repository (DAM) documentation
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
Who We’re Looking For
- 8+ years Product management experience working with operational systems
- 4+ years experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Strong UI/UX experience
- Knowledgeable of digital asset management (DAM), metadata taxonomy, and best practices in managing assets
- Have the organizational skills to develop a successful strategy that expands future digital content discovery and delivery
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience
- Experience with ROI/Impact analysis of feature deployment
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.