Safety and Training Supervisor
The Site Safety Supervisor will be a self-starter that will be responsible for partnering with both site operations teams and other safety leaders nationally in multiple Fulfillment Centers to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. Candidate must be able to lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. A successful Site Safety Supervisor will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Teams and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. The Site Safety Supervisor must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
- Plan, develop and implement safety training for new employee orientation and annual required training.
- Manage the warehouse safety effort and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e. lockout/tag out, confined space, fall protection, powered industrial trucks and company policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Conduct inspections of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulatory compliance.
- Develop, implement and administer hazard control methods, safety procedures and security programs.
- Develop, implement and maintain warehouse management safety accountability program.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation Claim Management program is administered in an effective and compliant manner in conjunction with the Human Resources department including incident investigations, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Respond and provide assistance in all emergency situations.
- Develop and conduct safety training programs and create a strong safety culture.
- Report and/or review findings from incident investigations and facility inspections,
- Review employee safety training programs to determine their adequacy.
- Skills assessments and tracking in regard to SOP’s, safety and cross training.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership team.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a safety and occupational health coordinator in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; case management skills; strong presentation skills for training required
- Strong analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization; experience in a multi-shift operation a plus; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Work hours will be flexible to support multiple buildings with multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.Tag: SCL-WD