Supply Chain Coordinator - Poland (m/f) - Remote working
Locations: Poland - remote working
6-month contract with view to extend
Here at Wayfair we are revolutionizing the furniture business moving from traditional furniture stores to a pan-European drop-ship fulfillment model. The challenges we face include how to drop ship an assembled wardrobe from Gdansk to Glasgow? How does a traditional carrier have to transform its business to meet the demands of the online world? How do we maintain a consistently high product quality across 1.5 Million products and growing?
As a key member of the EU Product Performance team, your primary responsibility will be to tackle these challenges for our strategic sourcing market “Poland” aiming to improve the customer experience by reducing incidences.
To master this critical challenge, you will be
- Engaging Polish suppliers on a senior executive level to ensure that their packaging, quality control and order fulfillment processes are geared towards the demand of the online business / international drop-shipment
- Developing the capabilities and processes of upstream furniture & décor manufacturers throughout Poland focusing on drop-ship suitable packaging and product quality
- Frequent onsite work in our carrier locations to reduce damage exposure and develop reporting and quality inspection standards
- Design and implement improvement solutions for load manipulation, overpack and product handling of our logistics service providers
This role requires strong negotiation skills, and would suit candidates who enjoy a mixture of desk and field based work. This is a high impact role which involves encouraging suppliers and carriers to make fundamental improvements to their operations, not only to make them capable of effective online fulfillment, but also to provide a sustainable growth platform for the Wayfair business.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation underway, this is a great opportunity to make a significant difference to our business.
- Responsible for developing the online fulfillment capabilities of the Polish importer and manufacturer landscape focusing on product packaging and quality
- Negotiate packaging and operational improvements with our suppliers and carriers to increase profitability and customer satisfaction
- Direct and support suppliers through packaging redesign/improvement process
- Analyze data to identify trends and root causes of problems at supplier, class and country level
- Understand complexity of carrier operation and design solutions for damage reduction across their network
- Work on site with our carriers in improving their network incidence performance across hubs, depots and shuttle routes.
- Develop processes and procedures for transportation and loading in partnership with the logistics providers
- Engage and train local carrier team in quality inspection and overpack methods
- Direct access to product through supplier warehouse and carrier hub visits, consulting with them to improve damage rates, missing parts, lost in transits and other problems
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team, suppliers and logistics providers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Account Operations, Buyers and Logistics
- Build and maintain industry expertise in the areas of logistics, packaging, supply chain efficiency/quality – particularly as it pertains to home retail.
- Bachelor and Master’s degree with sufficient work experience
- Fluency in Polish is essential, German is advantageous
- Strong English communication skills is essential – both written and verbal
- Experience in supplier management and negotiation essential
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Strong communicator with ability to adapt to various stakeholders, from CEO to junior staff
- Action oriented, problem – solution mind set and project ownership skills
- Understanding the complexity of online order fulfillment.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Knowledge of packaging and quality control standards/solutions advantageous
- Knowledge of direct dispatch / drop ship and transshipment preferred
- Flexibility for traveling
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 people