Product Manager - Storefront Delivery Experience
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers. The Storefront Delivery Experience team is a small, entrepreneurial team focused on customer-centric solutions and value props.
The Storefront Delivery Experience team drives the products and communication strategy related to shipping, returns, and item availability for all of Wayfair. This is a vital piece to Wayfair; shipping cost and return policy are 2 of the top reasons customers decide to shop at any ecommerce store. Our focus starts customer, ensuring we know the “job to be done” and are innovating on behalf of their needs. We utilize implicit and explicit data to solidify the solutions we build, launch quickly, and continually monitor for iterations and improvements.
As a Product Manager on the Delivery team, you will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and analysts to develop customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You will be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and take risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if you’re doing it right, you’re having a ton of fun and learning every day.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary. You will work with many teams across Wayfair including Operations Innovation, Logistics, Customer Service, and other Storefront teams. The shipping and returns product touches almost all aspects of a customer’s experience -- cross-team influence and communication will be vital to your success.
How you’ll drive success:
- Be the customer’s biggest advocate -- listening to them and innovating for them
- Drive quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Delivery value quickly and iterate by developing software for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfair’s additional lifestyle brands.
- Define strategy and roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
You’re who we’re looking for if you are:
- Passionate about customers and solving their problems
- Confident in asking questions to truly understand the problems we business are solving
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with experience turning data into action
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Cross functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.Tag: PMGMT