Director of Warehouse Operations
The Director of Warehouse Operations will be a key member of the Wayfair operations team. The position will require a leader to both develop and manage a large team over multiple sites in the Northeast; handling both small parcel and freight products for the leading home furnishings and décor site; Wayfair.com. The facilities will include sites totally over 4 million square feet designed to support our fulfillment operations and cross-dock functions. Fast paced environment with frequent change to processes driving key customer performance stats.
- Strategic leader in our fulfillment and cross-docking network.
- Set performance goals around cost as well as exceptionally high levels of customer service.
- Will involve multiple implementations and site realignments.
- Manage the day to day operations for fulfillment operations for both freight and small parcel products as well as oversee additional sites.
- Develop staffing and productivity planning metrics for all segments of the operations.
- Drive cost improvement activities by identifying system improvements, headcount optimization, and improved square footage utilization opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategy to efficiently support special projects as well as new service offerings.
- In close coordination with planning and marketing teams, monitor and project space and expansion needs.
- Engage with senior management in Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Finance, and Customer Service.
- Maintain solid inventory control processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA is a plus.
- Any industry certifications and development are a plus.
- 10-15 years of progressive upward experience in distribution and logistics functions; preferably in the E-Commerce industry.
- Clear background in large network driven organization.
- Previous experience managing large scale; multi-site operations.
- Planning and budgeting experience.
- Strong WMS / LMS systems background.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
- Detail oriented, strong communication and collaborative skills.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,000 people.Tag: SCL-WD