Senior Sales Manager
Wayfair is looking for a Senior Sales Manager with a track record of building great teams and developing high performing managers. The right candidate will have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to improve operational efficiency through process improvement. Other critical factors for this role include great problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to resolve customer issues.
- Develop, manage, and coach inbound sales teams and supervisors
- Review the performance of staff and identifying training needs to close performance gaps
- Ensure that appropriate resources are available to meet changing sales requirements and meet performance and revenue objectives
- Determine appropriate business policies, manage risks and resolve employee issues
- Coordinate and implement bonuses, reward and recognition programs to drive both group and individual performance
- Hold regular meetings to discuss performance trends and champion corporate and local initiatives
- Actively participate in the identification, interviewing and recommendation of candidates to join the team
- Take corrective action to manage performance as appropriate
- 5+ years of sales management experience, with proven leadership track record and verifiable history of managing managers of successful, high volume teams.
- 3+ years of experience in call centers with 100+ employees.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and “roll up your sleeves” – this role is very “hands on”
- Proven coaching skills that can impact both front-line agents and develop supervisors
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience (i.e. 5+ years industry experience in lieu of degree)
- Strong Internet / PC skills – comfortable and proficient in a technology-driven business
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility with schedule
- Proven ability to close performance gaps
- Proven ability to multi-task
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system
- Ability to handle stressful customer interactions and de-escalate via telephone and email
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SLS-SL