Warehouse Design Specialist - (m/f)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing.
The Warehouse Design Specialist will be a key member of the Wayfair Industrial Engineering team. Identify and implement “Best Practices” and “Best Methods”, support tracking of key performance indicators & initiate process improvements throughout the operation. The successful candidate will support the development of RFP’s as needed, perform ROI Analysis and Procurement for various supply chain solutions including hardware, software, & supporting technology.
You will have proven experience in Warehouse Design and optimize existing processes using lean principles. Your engagement with internal stakeholders will be strong and must be keen on growing our European operation.
- Provides engineering support for process development and improvement initiatives to reinforce the goal of Operational Excellence
- Influence the internal design of our distribution centers and create an efficient and productive workflow and space utilization system within the warehouse
- Optimizing racking and storage plans.
- Manage and lead implementation of material handling systems that enable capacity and productivity improvements
- Recommend and have previously sourced and installed, automation systems that improve and optimize warehouse storage and flow.
- Manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) that will support internal processes and systems.
- Lead productivity projects and efficiency initiatives.
- Provides change management guidance, assists with process and equipment validation including but not limited to development, training, documentation and reporting
- Generates and assesses metrics for dissemination of trends that affect service quality and customer reviews using statistics and quality engineering tools
- Knowledge of data mining techniques (SQL)
- Assists a team with the building and development of a network Labor Management System
- Space planning and layout design (AutoCad)
- Return on Investment / Operational audits
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times
- Travel required – 20%
- Works under guidance of on site management – collaboration with stakeholders is of first importance in this role.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related field
- 3PL or preferably ecommerce experience in a high SKU count, high velocity warehouse environment
- Lean understanding and thinking to optimize existing processes and to seek out improvement opportunities would be beneficial.
- Significant experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This individual should be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Knowledge of Labor Management Systems
- A good technical background Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office is required to be successful in this role.
- Equally important to your success is the ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills are required
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus, BUPA, CIGNA dental plan but also…
- Join an awesome team to continue rapidly expanding Wayfair’s European warehouse operations
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- Career path guidance
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.