Senior Software Engineer - Release Tooling
We are hiring a Senior Release Engineer for our Development Platforms team. As part of this growing team you will focus on delivering code to production quickly and reliably.
The Development Platform team’s goal is to make software development at Wayfair a positive experience as well as sound and safe from a deployment perspective. This team impacts more than 700 engineers company wide and maintains relationships with dozens of Engineering teams. We work to build tools, systems, and automation that help enforce best practices across our Engineering division.
What your role will be?
- Identify and implement best practices at massive scale
- Execute on your vision to positively affect change affecting all developers through systems such as version control, continuous integration pipelines, code deployment, and automated testing
- Contribute materially to development processes for all of Wayfair’s supported programming languages (primarily JS, PHP, Python, .NET, Java)
- Gather feedback and proactively reach out in order to make impactful, positive changes which empower engineers
What makes a great Senior engineer on the release team?
- A desire to strive towards best practices and automate everything!
- An affinity for creating strategies and executing against them, knowing when to adjust course
- Drive to achieve results
- Constantly challenging the tools you personally use
- Ability to quickly solve or seek the solution to any problem in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Familiarity or experience with:
- Devops practices
- Version Control (we use Git)
- Continuous Integration Pipelines
- Deployment scheduling
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.
** This is for our Boston, Massachusetts Location Only**
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions Tag: ENGR