Manager - Product Management
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead a team of product associates within one of several exciting product teams. You will partner with senior directors, directors and other stakeholders to understand the Wayfair Operations organization's needs and lead a team of product associates to identify gaps in current product capabilities, define product design & functional requirements/capabilities, and execute on those through implementation & deployment.
Who we are: Operations Product Innovation is an internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Warehousing, LogisticDevelop and maintain technology platform road map and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholderss and Enterprise platforms) and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In This Role You Will:
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on a strategic Wayfair operations solution
- Work with your team to translate the vision of the operational departments into robust, intuitive systems.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Lead a small team of product associates to drive product management and roadmap across key functional areas of internal stakeholder groups
Who We’re Looking For
- A demonstrated record of strong product management and driving results (preferably e-commerce), ideally with internal end-user tools & systems
- Strong team leadership experience (coaching, mentoring, developing people)
- Strong quantitative reasoning and ability to proactively deep dive and dig into data and KPIs to assess internal user behavior and to identify key improvements to the tool sets
- Ability to work independently and motivate teams to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker with outcomes focused, product orientation
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background (enough to be dangerous)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- 3-5 years product management / management consultancy experience working with operational systems
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business or a supply chain/operations discipline or technical business discipline, MBA a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results within an Agile delivery model
- Technical background, or technical orientation; comfortable with new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proven ability to manage and execute small to medium-sized initiatives from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.