You’ll have opportunity to impact hundreds of millions in spending and use your leadership and analytic skills to drive strategic changes. If you’re passionate about analytics and enjoy the challenge of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, then this is a unique opportunity for you!
What you will do:
- Partner with business stakeholders to evaluate carrier rate impact, frame business problems analytically, and identify opportunities for strategic and operational savings
- Develop an analytic roadmap to support fast business growth. Collaborate with stakeholders for implementation.
- Develop and implement network optimization models to evaluate strategic scenarios.
- Work with large volume of transactional data and develop analytic tools using Python and SQL to support fact-based decision-making.
- Supervise junior analysts to help answer business questions based on data and analysis.
- Present insights and recommendations clearly to diverse stakeholders encompassing all levels of the organization and successfully influence business partners and leadership
- Develop and implement optimization models to allocate shipments to carriers.
- Develop and implement network flow optimization framework to model changes caused by business growth, carriers, contracts, etc. and provide insights on solutions.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience working in analytic roles in the transportation, supply chain or logistics industry and handling large-volume of transactional data
- You have at least 3+ years of experience writing scripts in Python, R, or other languages used for processing large volume of data
- You have at least 1 year of experience in leading an analytic team or executing on large-scale analytical programs
- Advanced degree in industrial engineering, operations research, computer science, economics, statistics, mathematics or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus.
- You possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills to communicate with all levels of audience effectively
- You are passionate about solving complex business problems
- You are positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic, and can easily work with others, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competency
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***