Senior Growth Manager, Operations
Senior Growth Manager, Operations
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. This is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative and we are looking for leaders who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry.
We are looking for a project manager with an entrepreneurial attitude and a deep passion for customer experience and supply chain operations to help build a strategic initiative for the company. This person will play a key role in understanding all opportunities to scale an operation, cut costs and drive efficiencies with both Wayfair final mile operations as well as with our third-party partners. Due to the initial stages of the project, the ideal candidate will be a true self starter who is willing to become fluent in the business and come up with innovative opportunities. They will have a background of building teams and partnering cross functionally to drive change.
- Join an early stage team and be an integral part of getting an initiative launched at a single site
- Determine necessary changes and opportunities to make program scalable across 40+ sites across the country
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup environment that leverages the resources of Wayfair
- Pivot as needed to address unanticipated challenges and complexity in the business model
- Work cross functionally with field team and analytics teams, among others
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes, and technology which make our drivers more efficient and effective
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Develop innovative opportunities to cut costs and drive efficiencies in our supply chain
- Prioritize various improvement opportunities and identified solutions to drive the largest immediate impact
- Travel to Wayfair warehouses to view operations first hand
- Monitor and regularly report performance trends and improvements to senior management and leadership
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in e-commerce, supply chain and operations or relevant management consulting experience
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Must have strong business acumen and demonstrated senior presence
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-L