Workplace Services Project Manager - Boston/North America
WORKPLACE SERVICES PROJECT MANAGER- BOSTON/NORTH AMERICA
The Workplace Services Project Manager is responsible for overseeing North American construction build outs and other important multi-stage projects and reports to the Senior Manager of Workplace Services. This manager will should be a team leader and manages multiple locations with an emphasis on site specific renovations, analysis, and recommendation and implementation of cost effective solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy, and closeout.
- Manages small and large employee moves for all locations.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand, and apply complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, work letters, leases, project charters, surveys, and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with affected Business units to define requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate, budget, cash flow, work plan schedule and milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists and through individual project qualification process, conducts standard to complex requests for proposals, completes bid analysis based on data driven comparisons and decisions, and leads vendor evaluation interviews.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep corporate and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status variances. Create action plans to meet objectives, budget, and schedule.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company requirements. Insure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely, and coordinated.
- Reports directly to Senior Manager of Boston/North America Workplace Services.
- Provides formal supervision for site specific external project managers.
- Ability to communicate clearly in fast-paced construction projects.
- Partners with corporate leadership to construct the unique work environment for Wayfair’s growing workforce.
- Utilizes data and technology to measure outcomes and efficiency of project implemented.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Over 3 years of Project Management or Business experience
- Experience managing design and construction projects
- Senior presence and presentational skills
- Some travel required