Lead Dock Clerk
Do you have the business savvy and problem-solving skills necessary to thrive in a start-up environment? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you may be a great fit for Wayfair!
Wayfair is seeking a high energy, motivated, and hardworking Lead Dock Clerk. The Lead Dock Clerk is responsible for checking in and out trailers, managing the flow of trailers into and out of the building, auditing the yard, updating time critical documents, running reports, and communicating with various teams.
What you will do:
• Physically check in and out all trailers entering/exiting the yard and log trailer status. Log includes trailer number, seal number, trailer status (full or empty), tractor number, load number, date and time. Audit all inbound and outbound trailers on log sheet.
• Arrive and/or dispatch the loads into warehouse, transportation and yard management systems.
• Complete a daily yard check and reconcile the yard check with yard inventory
• Plan and communicate trailer movement in the yard to the switchers, dock managers, and transportation planners.
• Direct drivers to appropriate locations in the yard for the drop-off and pick-up of trailers
• Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, and documentation
• Maintain a clean, safe work environment and a steady flow into the building
Who you are:
- Strong, consistent work ethic
- Able to work strategically as part of a team
- Comfort with computers and RF scanning technology. Experience with High Jump WMS a plus.
- Customer-centric approach
- Dispatch experience a plus
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and driving process improvements
- Experienced in Logistics, Transportation and/or Customer Service. One or more years of experience driving forklift equipment (end-riders, order pickers, counterbalance and/or reach trucks) a plus.
- Must have 3+ years experience
- Must be willing to work overtime as required
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.Tag: SCL-CG