Senior Product Manager (m/f)
If you're passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable operational systems that will drive our business and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences, we are looking for you to join our Product Innovation department.
You must be able to transform data into insights and strategy to improve the operational software that enables Wayfair to achieve its business goals. You will be responsible for developing ideas for new tools and enhancements, and ensuring that we’re pushing the bounds of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management and making appropriate project-related tradeoffs across brands.
You will be involved in managing the end-to-end project management life-cycle for technically complex strategies, from ideation and requirements gathering to prioritization, implementation, and post-launch support. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, this Senior Specialist would also help craft the long-term vision for platform technology products and help scale important customer-facing programs driven by these products.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain technology platform road map and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of technology platform
- Work with your team to translate the vision of the operational departments into robust, intuitive systems.
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, impact and priority of our business objectives, and enable the team to transform that knowledge into system enhancements and new features
- Monitor performance and measure impact of product enhancements
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
Example initiatives you will lead:
- Drive technology solutions to support the rapid growth and expansion of a proprietary 3PL (third-party logistics) platform
- Develop new core competencies through technical innovation in Wayfair’s internal supply chain
- Unify a diverse set of functional tools into an extremely intuitive, efficient and comprehensive vendor portal
- Work with logistics management staff to build processes, workflows, and tools that increase efficiency and fuel a scale-proof future of the operation
- Significant experience in product management/management consultancy working with operational systems
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong project management skill with ability to get things done
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and ‘get it done’ attitude
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity, and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.Tag: OPINN