Senior Product Manager
Wayfair’s Operations Product Innovation team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead a team of product associates within one of several exciting product teams. You will partner with senior directors, directors and other stakeholders to understand the Wayfair Operations organization's needs and lead a team of product associates to identify gaps in current product capabilities, define product design & functional requirements/capabilities, and execute on those through implementation & deployment.
Who we are: Operations Product Innovation is an internal product management team that seeks to make things run more efficiently and improve operational processes through the use of technology. We analyze the operations of our business (Customer Service, Outbound Sales, Product Catalog Management, Fulfillment, Warehousing, Logistics and Enterprise platforms) and find opportunities to improve customer experience, improve internal team productivity and reduce costs. Then we work with our engineering teams to build systems to realize those opportunities.
In This Role You Will:
- Provide thought leadership with internal stakeholders in a key area of operations, supplier management, and merchandising on technology development, workflow optimization, and process definition
- Develop and maintain technology platform strategy with regular upstream and downstream communication to key stakeholders, technology leaders, and operational teams.
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on a strategic Wayfair operations solution
- Work with your team and engineering to translate operations business vision into robust, intuitive systems.
- Work closely with senior leadership across the organization to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Utilize data to understand the scope, KPIs, and priority of business objectives
- Define and measure business impact of product enhancements in your zone, and monitor performance of the team’s initiatives
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Lead a team of product managers to drive a roadmap and business impact across key functional zone
Who We’re Looking For
- Strong product management and results delivery, preferably in e-commerce environment with internal end-user tools & systems
- Strong team leadership (coaching, mentoring, developing people)
- Strong quantitative and analytical reasoning with the ability to proactively dig into data and KPIs to assess tool user behavior, identify key opportunities, and turn data into actionable insights
- Ability to work independently and motivate teams to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker with a bias towards action and focus on delivering valuable outcomes
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background (enough to be dangerous); comfortable with new technology
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- 6+ years product management, management consultancy, or equivalent experience working with operational systems, preferably within an Agile delivery model
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree with preference for analytical disciplines such as engineering, computer science, business or a supply chain/operations
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on mid-sized initiatives from start to finish including project management, data gathering and modeling, problem solving and communicating recommendations
- Proficient and comfortable with SQL or other relational database query languages
- Comfortable interfacing with senior level leadership
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: OPINN