3D Viz Creative Director
3D Viz Creative Director
Wayfair is revolutionizing how imagery is created. We have built a 3D Viz Creative team that is producing high volumes of compelling interior and product images in a way that’s never been done before at this scale. We are looking for strategic leaders to bring the quality of our work to the next level.
We are in need of a quick-thinking visual leader with previous experience managing in-house creative teams in home décor or furniture imagery. Successful candidates will be big-picture thinkers, who work extremely well with business owners, are inspiring leaders to creative groups and can manage large teams of junior talent.
As the Creative Director, you will collaborate with business leaders and a crew of enthusiastic 3D artists and stylists in a very fast-paced 3D studio. We are developing standards and workflows for each of our brands — we need someone who is both highly creative AND able to create a roadmap for the group, implement and test processes and keep the team motivated through it all. Our groups work quickly; it is important that applicants thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under the pressures of ambitious deadlines.
The 3D team is working in very sophisticated software packages. It’s not necessary that you are an expert user but you need to be an expert coach on image and brand standards. We believe that a high-level skill set in directing traditional home furnishing photography and technical aptitude will get you there — a love of technology will get you there faster.
To be considered for this position you must have a digital portfolio showcasing your work.
You are already:
- A leader. Your personality and style will have an enormous impact on the team. We have identified a process and a plan but things change rapidly you will be asked to lead by example and develop new systems for what’s next. Adapt, convince, and produce.
- Detail-oriented. You know interior imagery inside and out and are operationally minded with the capacity to push out new initiatives keeping them on time and budget and the team fully engaged.
- Big picture thinker. We need you to be six months ahead of the rest of the group. Defining creative seasonal concepts, bringing initiatives to life, writing road maps and absorbing feedback and data from the businesses.
- A talented and experienced Photo Art Director with expert knowledge of lighting, styling, design, product selection, room layout and architecture.
- A visual story teller. Able to give feedback on and help the team to efficiently execute against a creative brief. You need to have a mastery of composition, color, lighting, room design, visual narrative, spacial relationships — we are looking to you to give feedback and enforce these standards with the teams.
- A collaborator. You’ll be working each day with business counterparts as the spokesperson for the 3D group. You will need to translate the business asks into actionable creative plans and need to readily communicate in a way that is executable not to mention on brand, time and budget.
- Thick-skinned. You’ll get regular feedback on how shots have performed so you can help the teams adapt in the future. Sometimes it won’t be what you were expecting—often it will be. Roll with it either way and help the team grow in response.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in photography or equivalent relevant experience
- 8+ years leading a large creative team; 5+ years of Art Directing in studio or location
- A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding creativity and attention to detail, creative direction/influence, brand development, and creative problem solving
- The ability to productively weigh quality costs against time and resources in a way that to ensures quality and exceeds expectations
- Experience managing and developing creative staff of all experience levels and tenures, and leading a team that is highly entrepreneurial
- Proven track record with strong and effective relationships with creative management, photo operations, and client-management skills
- Masterful negotiation skills; creating trust and collaborative relationships is a must; including managing different opinions through a creative endeavor
- Must possess strong communication (both written and oral), problem-solving, organizational, time-management, and analytical skills
- A positive and friendly attitude and a sense of humor while maintaining the ability to direct a variety of strong personalities, is necessary
- Knowledge of post-processing/retouching and compositing
- Technical knowledge of lighting and or 3D technologies is an advantage
- Candidates with successful track records in high throughput Photo Studio settings will have an advantage
- Experience in a variety of studio settings ranging from editorial to retail catalog and location-based photography
- A passion for all things home, including the latest trends and developments
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CUE-3D