Promotions Manager (m/f)
Are you ready to help build the world's largest e-commerce retailer for furniture and household goods in the world? We are Wayfair, the largest online retailer for household goods in the US, NYSE listed and rapidly growing our European operations. This is your opportunity to join our fast-paced and talented team on our mission to conquer the European market.
We are now seeking a Promotions Manager whose primary challenge will be to create exciting and engaging promotional activity for our customers for our European websites - to drive conversion and grow customer lifetime value. You will be responsible for managing a team, executing tactics, and working closely with senior management on promotional strategy. This is a highly cross functional role partnering with our Category Management, Promotions Planning and Creative teams. Being a self-starter and creative problem solver with a passion for all things home, as well as knowing our competitors inside and out - you will be expected to ensure your team executes successfully in line with promotional plans for your categories.
- Manage a Category Promotions team based in Berlin, responsible for delivery
- Drive promotional revenue and performance for your categories.
- Grow promotional discounts/contributions from Wayfair’s supplier base.
- Organize & execute the promotional activity via your team of buyers, planning promotional events and negotiating discounts with suppliers.
- Iteratively, optimize promotional activity though the analysis of past performance and development of best practice.
Your skills and experience
- Smart, strategic, and creative thinker
- Proven track record in leading and managing people
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic projects across cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; experience in negotiation preferred
- An entrepreneurial mindset with hands-on commercial experience
- Experienced working with commercial analytics and large volumes of data to identify areas for performance improvement
- Comfortable in a technology-driven, numbers-oriented business environment
- Previous experience in running online promotions is desirable
- English and German language fluency is required
What we can offer you:
- An attractive salary, including a bonus plan based on your performance and equity package.
- Training opportunities and the chance for career development in a fast-growing international company with offices in London, Berlin, Galway and Boston.
- Mentors and coaches to help you with the steep learning curve.
- Comprehensive training to help you face all challenges.
- The chance to become part of our growing team in Europe and enjoy regular team events, company parties and a variety of networking opportunities.
- Discounted gym membership, weekly yoga classes and wellness week events (including massages) to help you find the right work life balance.
- An open and collaborative office environment.
- A chance to be part of the Berlin start up scene, right in the heart of Kreuzberg.
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.Tag: CMGMT