Software QA Engineer- Backend Systems
We are currently seeking a Software QA Engineer to join our Backend Systems QA team. This team partners with Software Development to build, qualify and deploy Wayfair’s automation and tools. Our team is expanding and is an integral part of our software development cycle. You will be responsible for advocating for the quality and usability of our internal systems, be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders, and help Wayfair customize its systems to deliver on our customer experience. Example teams that are part of our Backend Infrastructure include: Supply Chain & Logistics, Order Management, Marketing and Transportation. Our ideal engineer has a background testing complex data systems or WMS and fast iteration in an agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
- Define QA process with new teams
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users
- Be a quality advocate for the software / teams throughout the product life cycle
- Work with Business and Engineering stakeholders in our collaborative culture
- Creatively try to break our internal tools, via hands-on and scripted testing, before our customers
An ideal candidate will have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math or similar Engineering discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a Quality Engineering, or similar, role.
- Proficiency with SQL scripting and querying tools.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Proficiency with test case management and test design.
- Codeception \ Selenium or any other UI automation tool knowledge is a plus.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Collaboration with peers.
- Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough problems with automation.
- Passionate about implementing best practices in testing.
- A strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously.
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: