Software QA Tester- Backend Systems
Software QA Tester - Backend Systems
Our QA team is currently seeking a QA Tester to improve all aspects of Wayfair’s internal tools. Our team is expanding and is an integral part of our software development cycle. You will be responsible for advocating for quality and usability of our internal systems, be a strong partner to our Business and Engineering stakeholders, and help Wayfair customize its systems to deliver on our customer experience. Example teams that are part of our Backend Infrastructure include: Supply Chain & Logistics, Order Management, and Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Advocate for quality of our internal software throughout the development cycle
- Define, compose, and evaluate test plans
- Work with Business and Engineering stakeholders in our collaborative culture
- Define QA process with new teams
- Creatively try to break our internal tools before the stakeholders do
- Propose design improvements and advocate for our end users
- A good sense of humor
- Familiarity with test case management and test design
- Excited to learn about testing for operational engineering
- Experience collaborating directly with engineering and product managers
- Strong technical skills and experience working with SQL
- Strong analytical skills and a problem-solving approach
- Passionate about implementing best practices in testing
- A strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Experience testing in an agile environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.