Application Support Engineer
Do you want to be a part of a collaborative team for a growing eCommerce company? We are looking to introduce an Application Support Engineer into our organization. This individual would be devoted to making critical proprietary tools work efficiently and effectively for users.
Application Support Engineers play an important role in providing tier 2 technical assistance to Wayfair’s global employee user base through tickets, emails, and remote support interactions, all while maintaining a persistent point of contact between business and technology staff.
Responsibilities of the individuals would include:
- Provide tier 2 technical level support to for critical internal applications.
- Work closely by communicating regularly and attending stand ups with Dev Team and Project Managers.
- Able to influence Sprints by providing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Able to recommend procedure modifications and improvements
- Subject matter experts in the common software within the business class.
- Train and build knowledge base articles for Tier 1 Service Desk support
- Able to triage and replicate an application problem, then resolve or escalate well documented issues to appropriate dev teams.
- Partner with business teams to help resolve customer issues
- Versatile communicator: Use discussion & written word to clearly communicate concepts, explicate, and set expectations.
- Proactive and complex problem solver: Quickly recognize inefficiencies, assess conditions, & work with service ownership of developing an advantageous solution.
- High technical aptitude: Able to understand high-level technologies in a business class and is seen and valued as a subject matter expert.
- Institutional Knowledge, especially the life cycle of an order. Able to identify who to speak to and build a strong/healthy working relationship.
- Development experience: Some understanding of PHP is useful. A strong candidate is someone with aspirations to be a developer.
- Proficient SQL: Experience correcting data errors by writing insert statements into the database and able to create adhoc reporting.
- Investigation & diagnostic skills (the next Sherlock Holmes): Possesses the ability to sniff out the ongoing issues and report to appropriate teams.
- Three plus years of experience of object-oriented web development - ideally PHP
- Desire to work in an agile environment
- Bachelors in technical related field, masters plus
- 2+ years in application support role or related position
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun
- Analytical and creative mindset and passion for solving business problems with technology
- Good communication skills and willingness to collaborate with other engineering teams
Growth – Managers and teammates care about your success
Meritocracy - Work hard and get rewarded
Engineering – experience a variety of issues from infrastructure to software development
Learning – We have a learn@work department providing trainings ranging from professional growth to programming during work hours
Great team atmosphere
Your Application – please provide:
2-3 references (professional preferred)
Feel free to upload a Cover Letter
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.Tag: ENGR-INFR