Senior Manager, Cost Management Strategy
Wayfair is seeking a new Senior Manager to join our Cost Management team at our Boston, MA Headquarters. It’s an incredibly exciting time for Wayfair as it continues to experience significant growth. This new leader will work cross-functionally with Transportation, Category, and Product management to support and optimize daily business, drive new business integration and expansion projects, improvements in Finance Operations, and provide leadership to the Cost Management team.
At Wayfair, the Cost Management team is responsible for managing the financial relationships with our ten thousand + suppliers. This team manages product and freight costs for the millions of customer orders we receive by leveraging automated solutions, from the point of a customer’s order all the way to paying the supplier. The Senior Manager will oversee roughly 30 staff in Boston, in addition to managing 100+ overseas contractors. A successful candidate will have strong people management skills, collaborate heavily with cross-functional business leaders, be highly analytical with process improvement and project management skills, and enjoy tackling new challenges in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Lead a division of 30 employees and over 100 offshore shared services to promote efficiencies in existing Financial Operations by coaching and mentoring managers.
- Build scalable processes to support high growth to manage vendor relationships, cost processing, payments, analytics and reporting.
- Business owner of COGS roadmap planning; partner with Product Managers to help design, support, and upgrade Wayfair proprietary tools/finance systems.
- Strategic partner for cross-functional groups, facilitate visibility into COGS, partner on new Wayfair initiatives, and strengthen internal and external relationships .
- Develop monthly KPI’s for executive leaders; report progress on key initiatives, elevate potential roadblocks, and communicate overall status updates.
- Oversee our Finance shared services team which oversees the global offshore contractors in India and Vietnam.
- Develop strategies on vendor payments and credits in connection with overall treasury and working capital initiatives.
Who are we looking for:
- MBA with 8+ years of experience in consulting or Product Management (Preferably in ecommerce or B2C business).
- Expertise in Excel, experience in SQL a plus
- Clearly communicates near-term and multi-year vision for team.
- Champions his/her team’s initiatives internally and cross-functionally.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Motivates and inspires team, driving employee engagement, output, and satisfaction.
- Coaches team in innovative thinking and pushes team outside comfort zones.
- Breaks down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the team.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Willing to learn the technical aspects of our Financial Systems.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience