Wayfair.com is growing rapidly and we're looking for people who are excited to help us grow our distributed systems platforms. As a member of the Distributed Systems team you will be empowered to design solutions to hard problems that help accelerate development, taking ownership of mission critical infrastructure, driving adoption of new technologies and tools, and architecting scalable systems, both on-premises and in the cloud, serving our customers and engineers alike.
With this team’s broad reach, you will have the opportunity to touch multiple systems and code bases, work with cutting-edge technologies, and contribute to our architectural vision. Wayfair's continued success and our continuous deployment model means that things are always changing, and we're looking to find the right person to help optimize our platforms to support that growth.
What we’re looking for and expectations:
- Scripting experience (Python, Ruby, Bash)
- Systems configuration experience (we’re using Puppet)
- Proven ability to engineer complex solutions for scaling environments
- Debugging, Monitoring, Configuring, Tuning of application/platform stacks
- Seek ways to make a positive impact to the business
- Prior experience with Elasticsearch is nice to have (if you are an inquisitive engineer who has an interest in systems and development and who likes hard puzzles, let’s talk)
What the Distributed Systems team does:
- Support mission critical infrastructure involving a variety of Big Data, Time Series, Logging, Enterprise Data Warehousing, Messaging and Streaming technologies like Apache Hadoop, Elastisearch, Apache Storm, RabbitMQ, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, HP Vertica
- Provides architectural guidance for tough engineering problems across both software and systems
- Collaborates with our software and infrastructure teams to design and build scalable web platforms serving millions of customers
- Identifies and remove engineering bottlenecks – in systems, software, tools, and processes
- Develops both software and systems solutions utilizing a number of technologies (Python, Java, C++, SQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Graphite, StatsD).
- Drives development standards and best practices across the engineering organization
Nice to haves:
- Demonstrated success driving improvements to development processes
- Active participation in local engineering meetups
- Comprehensive understanding of continuous development (concepts and systems)
- Experience with cloud platforms
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. Wayfair was recently named “Mass TLC’s Company of the Year” and “Internet retailer of the year”. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.Tag: ENGR-INFR